Jay Neven |
Revel & COVID-19 Response Plan
To our wonderful community of revellers! As the COVID-19 situation evolves, we want to let you know that our family operated brewery is doing everything that it can to minimise the potential impacts of the virus to our community whilst balancing the need to keep our operations moving forward.
This is a very challenging time for all businesses across Australia with unprecedented times ahead of us. At Revel, we pride ourselves in looking after our people and providing the best services we can for our community and we will be doing our best to continue this during these hard times.
As you will know, small businesses rely so much on your support and we ask that if you are able, to please buy local and support our community of small businesses.
We wanted to let everyone know what our efforts look like in managing our small business and its services in order to keep our staff and community healthy and happy until things begin to return to normal.
Below is a list of activities we have implemented to keep things as smooth as we can during this hard time.
Limited seating under 100 people
- Our brewery only hosts 50 seats inside and 48 outside in the fresh air so we are well compliant with today’s restrictions on public gatherings announced by the Prime Minister. We’re also distancing our indoor tables further to allow more space.
Increased Cleaning Activities
- Revel always maintains a high cleanliness standard but are increasing cleaning efforts across the board with staff being asked to sanitise all surfaces, from benches and tables to door handles, every hour;
- Staff have also placed hand sanitizer around the venue and are washing hands and cleaning surfaces after contact with anything the general public use or touch.
Staff Health & Hygiene
- Our team have impeccable hygiene practices already; however, we have increased mandatory hand washing for 20 seconds with soap for all employees multiple times per hour and as necessary;
- Any workers who are even slightly showing any flu-like symptoms are required to stay at home;
- Regular staff briefings are being conducted before/after shifts to perform retrospectives on the previous day trading, lessons learned and perform cleaning checks and audits of increased activities;
- Community discussion is encouraged to talk through the measures we are taking to ensure the safety of our team and the community;
- Regular team updates provided by management on the ongoing updates and changes to the environment to ensure all staff are up-to-date and have the most relevant and accurate information possible.
Food and Beer Deliveries
- Revel is working hard to get our online store up and running to provide our immediate surroundings with takeaway Revel beer delivered with non-contact delivery direct to your doorstep. Watch this space for more announcements soon!
- Our food delivery partners are focusing very heavily on delivery partner non-contact delivery and increasing their own already stellar hygiene practices. Revel is committed to working closely with our partners to ensure the food is kept safe and sound (our pizza is cooked nice and toasty in our 420 degree Celsius wood-fired oven too which helps!)
- Cleaning is 90% of the art of brewing and our head brewer Matty is well versed in this art! We want to assure you that we are using all the right gear and practices to ensure your beer is free from contamination, high quality and tasty as ever!
Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for your current and ongoing support! We wouldn’t be here without you!
Revel Brewing Co.